Anorexia Nervosa Treatment in Agoura Hills, California
If you would like one of our counselors to contact you, please submit the form below.
A representative will contact you shortly about your confidential submission. Please see below for administrative numbers.
Anorexia nervosa is a very serious mental health condition that affects people of all ages, genders, races and cultural backgrounds. The condition is characterized by dramatic weight loss or the lack of weight gain in children. Individuals with the condition often have difficulties maintaining a weight that is appropriate for their age, height and general stature. People with anorexia nervosa also often experience a distorted body image and work to restrict the number of calories they eat each day.
Interested learning more about anorexia nervosa treatment in Agoura Hills? At Monte Nido, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of medical and psychiatric care to our clients outside of a hospital setting. Our residential anorexia nervosa treatment program is designed to help clients re-establish a positive relationship with food and their bodies, and become fully recovered.
Navigating Your Anorexia Nervosa Diagnosis in Agoura Hills
Our recovered staff know as well as anyone just how frightening an anorexia nervosa diagnosis can be. But with a strong support system and comprehensive treatment, a successful recovery is possible. As you search for the right anorexia nervosa treatment center, it can be very helpful to learn more about the potential health consequences you may be facing and how to prevent them.
Common Signs and Symptoms
- People with anorexia nervosa also have an preoccupation with their body shape and weight. This causes them to focus much of their time and energy on reducing their overall calorie consumption and losing more weight, even if they are already considered to be underweight by medical professionals.
- This preoccupation with food and calories can make it very difficult for people with anorexia nervosa to eat around others or in public. As the condition develops, they may start to avoid mealtimes altogether or avoid social engagements where eating is expected.
- People with this type of eating disorder typically develop food rituals as well. These may include cooking food for others without eating, restricting certain food groups altogether, chewing food excessively and eating foods in a particular order.
Potential Long-Term Health Risks
- Women with anorexia nervosa often experience a disruption in their menstrual cycle as the condition develops. With treatment, their cycles will typically return to normal after some time.
- Many people develop anorexia nervosa in their adolescent years, which can have lasting effects on their overall development. Most commonly, the condition can interfere with bone development and can eventually lead to osteoporosis – and increase their chances of bone fractures or breaks.
- Individuals with anorexia nervosa commonly deal with the effects of severe dehydration, including electrolyte imbalances. These electrolyte imbalances can result in serious heart conditions including an irregular heartbeat, valve prolapse, and even heart failure.
The Good News – Anorexia Nervosa Recovery in Agoura Hills
Agoura Hills is a beautiful and welcoming city located in Los Angeles County. With gorgeous views of the Conejo Valley and easy access to LA, this is a popular destination for visitors in need of a bit of rest and relaxation in the sun. At Monte Nido anorexia nervosa treatment centers, we love Agoura Hills because the location provides our clients a calm place to retreat and to begin the anorexia nervosa treatment process.