DON’T WAIT – GET THE HELP YOU NEED
We make sure your submissions are confidential.
A representative will contact you soon.
We've Got You Covered
Find more about our unique approach to eating disorder recovery.
Monte Nido Vista
Nestled in the foothills of Agoura Hills, California, Monte Nido Vista provides residential eating disorder treatment to adult women. Surrounded by a beautiful state park with hiking trails, Monte Nido Vista is a secluded and gated Mediterranean estate boasting its own gym, organic garden and courtyard area with pool. Clients can step down to one our Monte Nido day treatment programs across the country, including two nearby in Brentwood or Newport Beach.
Monte Nido Vista is Joint Commission Accredited.
Focused on bulimia nervosa treatment, anorexia nervosa treatment, binge eating disorder treatment and other eating disorders, Monte Nido approaches each client’s case with a focus oncomprehensive, personalized care. This includes the restoration of physiological and nutritional balance, the implementation of healthy eating and exercise routines, the elimination of destructive behaviors relating to eating disorders and the development of motivation and treatment engagement.
Our objective for each client is to instill a clear understanding of the root causes of eating disorders, the negative effects they’ve had on their lives and their families’ lives, and a personalized understanding of what is necessary for a full recovery.
We help our clients with the following:
- Working toward ceasing restrictive behaviors and working toward the elimination of other disordered behaviors relating to eating and exercise disorders
- Heal their relationship with food while addressing weight, nutrition, exercise, and disordered thoughts and behaviors
- Attaining and maintaining metabolic, nutritional, and medical balance
- Developing a clearer understanding of disordered thinking, attitudes, and behaviors;
- Identifying and addressing the underlying causes their disorder; and removing the destructive patterns that affect their self-care and relationships
- Understanding that food- and body-related behaviors are connected to feelings and emotions
- Practicing a healthy expression of emotions
- Work toward achieving and maintaining healthy body weight while learning how to stop using numbers to measure self-worth
- Accepting their natural size and shape while improving self-image
- Putting long-term recovery skills into practice, such as mindful meditation and journaling
- Identifying and modifying patterns that may be complicating recovery, with participation from family and other loved ones
- Develop an effective aftercare plan that includes strategies for relapse prevention and arrangements that ensure a smooth transition to aftercare providers
GET THE HELP YOU DESERVE
A representative will contact you soon.
A Letter from Monte Nido Vista's Assistant Clinical Director
Being curious about change is a huge step. On behalf of your soul self, thank you for listening to the yearning for something else. The choice from here is a tough one – will you expand or contract your awareness? There’s no pressure – you don’t have to believe in full recovery; you don’t even have to know if you want it. All we ask is that you stay open enough to spend time with us at our mountain nest. At Monte Nido Vista, we know everyone’s journey to understanding and actualizing a complete and full recovery is different. Come explore what change means for you and let us take care of loving and supporting you as you figure things out. At some point, I trust you’ll have a good idea of what you do or don’t want for your life, and we at Monte Nido Vista would be honored to join your soul on that journey.
MA, MFTI | ASSISTANT CLINICAL DIRECTOR
At Monte Nido & Affiliates, our goal is to help make treatment accessible and we are committed to working with families to access care. Monte Nido is in-network with Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Beacon Health Options (formerly Value Options), Cigna, MHN, Magellan (MHSA), UBH, United, Oxford, Optum, Providence, and Pacificare. Please see our Financial Considerations page for more information.
We are pleased to offer weekly alumni groups at each of our programs, including our Multi-Family Group at Monte Nido Vista every Saturday from 1:30 – 3:00 pm and Alumni Group on Wednesdays from 7:00 – 8:30 pm. Alumni, clients, family members, and loved ones are welcome at the Multi-Family Group. Monte Nido Vista and Monte Nido Mountain Nest alumni are welcome to attend the Alumni Group. For more information, please contact the program from which you graduated or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find the closest available group.