DON’T WAIT – GET THE HELP YOU NEED
We make sure your submissions are confidential.
A representative will contact you soon.
We've Got You Covered
Find more about our unique approach to eating disorder recovery.
Monte Nido Vista
Nestled in the foothills of Agoura Hills, California, Monte Nido Vista provides residential eating disorder treatment to adult women. Surrounded by a beautiful state park with hiking trails, Monte Nido Vista is a secluded and gated Mediterranean estate boasting its own gym, organic garden and courtyard area with pool. Clients can step down to one our Monte Nido day treatment programs across the country, including two nearby in Brentwood or Newport Beach.
Monte Nido Vista is Joint Commission Accredited.
Monte Nido’s treatment approach focuses on the restoration of physiological and nutritional balance, the implementation of healthy eating and exercise routines, the elimination of destructive behaviors and the development of motivation and treatment engagement.
Our objective is to help each client achieve a clear understanding of their eating and/or exercise disorder and its effect on their life, as well as an individualized appreciation of what is necessary for their personal recovery.
We help our clients with the following:
- Eliminate restrictive behaviors and work toward the reduction and elimination of other eating disorder and exercise disorder behaviors
- Heal their relationship with food while addressing weight, nutrition, exercise and disordered thoughts and behaviors
- Achieve nutritional, metabolic and medical balance
- Develop insight into disordered thinking, attitudes and behaviors; the underlying causes of their eating or exercise disorder; and their destructive patterns in self care and relationships
- Understand the connections between food- and body-related behaviors and emotions
- Practice appropriate expression of feelings
- Work toward achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight while learning how to stop using numbers to measure self-worth
- Improve body image and work on acceptance of natural body size and shape
- Learn and utilize lifelong recovery skills, such as journaling and self-monitoring
- Work with families and significant others to identify and modify patterns that may be complicating recovery
- Develop an effective aftercare plan that includes strategies for relapse prevention and arrangements that ensure a smooth transition to aftercare providers
GET THE HELP YOU DESERVE
A representative will contact you soon.
A Letter from Monte Nido Vista's Assistant Clinical Director
Being curious about change is a huge step. On behalf of your soul self, thank you for listening to the yearning for something else. The choice from here is a tough one – will you expand or contract your awareness? There’s no pressure – you don’t have to believe in full recovery; you don’t even have to know if you want it. All we ask is that you stay open enough to spend time with us at our mountain nest. At Monte Nido Vista, we know everyone’s journey to understanding and actualizing a complete and full recovery is different. Come explore what change means for you and let us take care of loving and supporting you as you figure things out. At some point, I trust you’ll have a good idea of what you do or don’t want for your life, and we at Monte Nido Vista would be honored to join your soul on that journey.
MA, MFTI | ASSISTANT CLINICAL DIRECTOR
At Monte Nido & Affiliates, our goal is to help make treatment accessible and we are committed to working with families to access care. Monte Nido is in network with Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Beacon Health Options (formerly Value Options), Cigna, MHN, Magellan (MHSA), UBH, United, Oxford, Optum, Providence and Pacificare. Please see our Financial Considerations page for more information.
We are pleased to offer weekly alumni groups at each of our programs, including our Multi-Family Group at Monte Nido Vista every Saturday from 1:30 – 3:00pm and Alumni Group on Wednesdays from 7:00 – 8:30pm. Alumni, clients, family members and loved ones are welcome at the Multi-Family Group. Monte Nido Vista and Monte Nido Mountain Nest alumni are welcome to attend Alumni Group. For more information, please contact the program from which you graduated or email email@example.com to find the closest available group.