Monte Nido Binge Eating Disorder Treatment in Portland, Oregon
If you would like one of our counselors to contact you, please submit the form below.
Please select a valid form
All communication is confidential & secure.
Binge eating disorder is a very serious mental health condition that can affect people of all ages, sexes, genders, races and cultural backgrounds. Characterized by recurring episodes, individuals with binge eating disorder consume large amounts of food in a very short period of time, often when not physically hungry. It is common for people to experience feelings of low self-esteem, shame and guilt during and after a binge eating episode. However, unlike other common eating disorders, people with this type of condition do not engage in any compensatory behaviors like self-induced vomiting or excessive exercise.
If you have been searching for the right day treatment binge eating recovery center in Portland, Monte Nido is an ideal option for those who cannot commit to a residential program. At Monte Nido, we are proud to provide the highest level of psychiatric and medical care available in a comfortable and home-like setting.
Call Today for a Consultation
Navigating a Binge Eating Disorder Diagnosis in Portland
Before families search “binge eating disorder treatment near me” online, it can be very helpful to learn more about common binge eating disorder side effects. This can help to set realistic expectations for continued care and make long-term binge eating disorder recovery is possible.
Common Signs and Symptoms
- Secret episodes of binge eating and a lack of self-control can prevent people with the condition from eating around others. This may cause them to avoid social situations where food is present, for fear of eating around others.
- Fluctuations in weight are also very common. People with the condition may turn to fad or extreme dieting in an effort to gain control of their eating habits but continue dealing with feelings of low self-esteem and distorted body image.
- Hiding or hoarding food may result in lots of unexplained food wrappers appearing around the home and empty food containers as well. Individuals with binge eating disorder may also develop certain food rituals that cause them to cut out entire food groups and skip meals.
Serious Long-Term Health Risks of Binge Eating Disorder
- People with binge eating disorder have an increased risk of becoming overweight or obese. After eating such large amounts of food, they avoid exercise and may deal with other co-occurring mental health disorders like anxiety and depression that fuel further binge eating episodes.
- When individuals binge eat, they tend to choose foods that are very high in sugars and fat. This can eventually result in elevated blood sugar levels and if left untreated, may lead to the development of type 2 diabetes. Although it can be medically managed, type 2 diabetes is a serious condition with many long-term health consequences.
- In addition to an increased chance of developing type 2 diabetes, binge eating disorder and obesity are linked to other serious health complications like sleep apnea, heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, and arthritis.
The Good News – Binge Eating Disorder Therapy in Portland
Portland is the largest city in Oregon and conveniently located along the confluence of the Willamette and Columbia Rivers. Residents and visitors here can enjoy easy access to the mountains, the Pacific coast, and nearby Seattle – which are all within a few hours journey. At Monte Nido, we believe Portland is an ideal retreat for our clients, where they can discover the tools they need to begin binge eating therapy treatment.