Monte Nido Binge Eating Disorder Treatment in Philadelphia, PA
If you would like one of our counselors to contact you, please submit the form below.
All communication is confidential & secure.
Binge eating disorder is a serious mental health condition that affects people of all ages, sexes, genders, races and cultural backgrounds. The condition is characterized by recurring episodes where an individual will binge eat large amounts of food in a very short period of time. These episodes often result in feelings of low self-esteem, shame and can exacerbate co-occurring mental health disorders like depression. But unlike other common eating disorders, people with binge eating disorder do not engage in any compensatory behaviors such as self-induced vomiting.
Are you searching for the right day treatment binge eating recovery center in Philadelphia? Monte Nido provides the highest level of psychiatric and medical care outside of a hospital setting. For those interested in our binge eating disorder treatment program, our mission is to help you find the tools you need to make a successful recovery, in a comfortable and home-like setting.
Call Today for a Consultation
Navigating a Binge Eating Disorder Diagnosis in Philadelphia
Before you start to search “binge eating disorder treatment near me” online, it’s important for loved ones to learn more about common binge eating disorder side effects and set realistic expectations for continued care. With the help of early intervention, long-term binge eating disorder recovery is possible.
Common Signs and Symptoms
- It is very common for people with binge eating disorder to develop a fear of eating around others out in public and hide food away so that they can binge privately. They may also become isolated over time as their condition makes it harder to engage in social events.
- Binge eating disorder can also cause great fluctuations in an individual’s overall weight and body shape. This often results in the development of a negative body image and can lead to unhealthy dieting as well.
- People with binge eating disorder may also develop food rituals that include cutting out entire food groups, never allowing their food to touch and only eating foods in a particular order. This often leads to feelings of embarrassment and may cause some people to withdraw from social situations.
Serious Long-Term Health Risks of Binge Eating Disorder
- The risk of becoming overweight or obese is increased for those with binge eating disorder. This is because these clients consume large amounts of food without properly exercising or engaging in other (potentially dangerous) compensatory behaviors.
- People with binge eating disorder tend to binge on foods that are high in sugars and fats instead of fiber and protein. This can not only result in obesity but can increase the chances of developing serious health conditions like type 2 diabetes.
- Long-term obesity can also increase a person’s chances of other serious health complications like cancer, sleep apnea, heart disease, high blood pressure, and arthritis.
The Good News – Binge Eating Disorder Therapy in Philadelphia
Often referred to as Philly, the city of Philadelphia is located within the beautiful and historic Delaware Valley. Founded in 1682, Philadelphia is a great destination for anyone who enjoys learning about the history of our country. At Monte Nido, we believe Philadelphia is an ideal retreat for our clients as it offers a safe and tranquil retreat where you can relax and discover the tools you need to begin binge eating therapy.