Binge Eating Disorder Treatment in Irvington, New York
If you would like one of our counselors to contact you, please submit the form below.
Please select a valid form
All communication is confidential & secure.
Did you know that binge eating disorder is the most common eating disorder in the United States? In fact, 8 percent of American adults may develop binge eating disorder in their lifetime. It is a very serious mental health condition that affects people of all ages, sexes, genders, races and cultural backgrounds, but binge eating disorder is most commonly developed in adolescence and early adulthood. People with this type of eating disorder engage in reoccurring episodes there they will binge eat large amounts of food within a relatively short amount of time. But unlike other common eating disorders, they do not engage in any compensatory behaviors like excessive exercise or fasting.
Searching for the best binge eating disorder therapy in Irvington? At Monte Nido, our clients have access to the highest level of psychiatric and medical care outside of a hospital setting. And our residential treatment program is designed to help clients find the tools they need to make a successful recovery, in a safe and home-like setting.
Navigating a Binge Eating Disorder Diagnosis in Irvington
Before you search for “binge eating disorder treatment near me,” it’s a good idea to take the time to learn more about potential binge eating disorder side effects. Luckily, with the help of early intervention and successful binge eating disorder recovery, many can avoid the long-term health risks associated with the condition.
Common Signs and Symptoms
- People with binge eating disorder may have feelings of shame or guilt surrounding their binge eating habits. This can cause them to eat alone, hide or hoard food and withdraw from their usual social activities.
- It is also very common for individuals with this form of eating disorder to experience great fluctuations in their weight. This can result in concern with one’s overall weight and body shape, leading to fad dieting or cutting out entire food groups.
- The development of food rituals is something that friends and family may notice over time. Whether an individual eats only one particular food group, doesn’t allow their foods to touch or chews excessively at meals, these are all common signs of a deeper issue.
Serious Long-Term Health Risks of Binge Eating Disorder
- Research shows that two-thirds of individuals with binge eating disorder are overweight. As they do not engage in any purging behaviors following a binge and often experience feelings of low self-esteem and depression, they can easily become obese as well.
- When people binge eat they tend to choose foods that are higher in fats and sugars and low in protein. If they don’t enter into binge eating disorder therapy soon enough, they can become obese and develop type 2 diabetes. While treatable, this condition can life-long health complications.
- Other serious health risks associated with binge eating disorder and obesity include sleep apnea, cancer, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
The Good News – Binge Eating Disorder Recovery in Irvington
Irvington, NY is a tranquil and inviting city that sits along the eastern bank of the Hudson River. With easy access to New York City and other popular New England destinations, travel to and from Irvington is easy for clients, family, and friends. Here, we believe our eating disorder treatment clients can relax and find the tools they need to begin the treatment process.