Like Monte Nido’s residential centers, Monte Nido’s day treatment and intensive outpatient programs offer an innovative approach, where male and female adolescent and adult clients can focus on recovery and regain a healthy relationship with food and their bodies.
Through partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programming, clients participate in groups and individual therapy, benefit from Monte Nido’s clinical, medical, psychiatric and nutritional experience, and experience real life challenges.
Program offerings include:
- Partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programming available to graduates of a residential program or those in outpatient therapy that need a higher level of support for their eating disorder
- Specialized approaches to not just adult females, but for adolescents and males (insert appropriate links to adolescent, male and co-occurring pages) allowing for developmentally sensitive exposure to the skill building and thought, feeling and behavior management relevant to all clients.
- Medical and psychiatric assessment and monitoring with a high number of individual therapy, nutrition and psychiatric sessions
- Evidence-based and state-of-the-art protocols including challenges and assignments that address both eating disorder and co-occurring factors
- Group therapy that establishes and solidifies other components of treatment
- Family programming including individual family sessions, family education and multi-family groups
- Specialized integrated treatment of co-occurring disorders that focuses on stabilizing eating disorder and substance abuse symptoms, reducing urges, enhancing motivation and developing alternative coping capacities.
- A level system that encourages accountability, self-awareness and capacity for tolerating distress
- Experienced and dedicated staff that includes recovered professionals
Adolescent Day Treatment Programming
Monte Nido is sensitive to the developmental needs of adolescents, and our highly trained and supportive staff takes a holistic approach to helping them become fully recovered. We understand the complexity of eating disorders, and offer unique programming to treat adolescents, whether they are stepping down from a residential treatment center or seeking a partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient level of care while living at home. Using the same philosophy, protocols, and approaches offered at other Monte Nido programs, our adolescent day treatment programming is geared toward adolescent clinical and developmental issues, diligently maintaining a positive and healthy environment. Program offerings include Psychotherapy groups and therapeutic content that appropriately reflect the specific developmental and social needs of adolescents, Family programming, Academic support, Psychiatric management and more. When ready, adolescents can step down from partial hospitalization to Monte Nido’s intensive outpatient programming (IOP), which offers continued clinical support and containment while allowing for full school engagement. For more details on adolescent programming and what day treatment programs we offer it at, please go to our Adolescent Programming page.
Monte Nido offers day treatment and intensive outpatient treatment in:
Eating Disorder Center of California | Brentwood
Eating Disorder Center of Newport Beach | Newport Beach
Eating Disorder Center of Boston | Boston
- New York
Monte Nido Manhattan | New York
Eating Disorder Center of Westchester | Westchester
Eating Disorder Center of Portland | Portland
Eating Disorder Center of Eugene | Eugene
Eating Disorder Center of Philadelphia | Philadelphia
Client accommodations are offered to clients in many of Monte Nido’s partial hospitalization programs and / or intensive outpatient programs. We believe those presenting with eating and exercise disorders can, with effective treatment and support, become fully recovered and restore a healthy relationship with food and activity. Monte Nido provides clients aged 18 and over opportunities to practice supported independent living within a recovery community that provides additional professional support and structure. Clients participate in Monte Nido’s partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient program during the day, returning to the residence in the evening. Client accommodations are offered in Los Angeles, Boston, Manhattan, Newport Beach, Eugene and Portland.