Nestled in the foothills of Malibu Canyon on two acres of pine, oak, sycamore and fruit trees, the Monte Nido eating disorder treatment program lives up to its name, “Mountain Nest”. Monte Nido is our original location, opening its doors in 1996, and was the first licensed eating disorder treatment program providing care in a home-like setting. Surrounded by a state park with hiking trails leading to the beach, Monte Nido is located in a secluded cabin in Calabasas, right outside of Malibu. It is equipped for six clients, with its own gym, private bath and deck in each bedroom overlooking a giant oak.
- Psychiatric and Medical Management and Treatment
- Evidence based and state-of-the-art protocols backed by a high success rate demonstrated in our outcome study
- Experienced and dedicated staff that includes recovered professionals
- A natural environment conducive to healing
- High amount of individual therapeutic sessions
- Group therapy that solidifies and establishes other components of treatment
- Family therapy including individual family sessions, weekly multi-family groups and once a month 2-day family weekend
- Unique level system that meets the client where she is and re-evaluates the client as she progresses through the program
At Monte Nido & Affiliates, our goal is to help make treatment accessible and we are committed to working with families to access care. Monte Nido is in network with Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Beach Health Options (formerly Value Options), Cigna, MHN, Magellan (MHSA), UBH, United, Oxford, Optum, Providence and Pacificare. Please see our Financial Considerations page for more information.
Monte Nido is Joint Commission Accredited.