DON’T WAIT – GET THE HELP YOU NEED
We make sure your submissions are confidential.
A representative will contact you soon.
We've Got You Covered
Find more about our unique approach to eating disorder recovery.
Monte Nido Mountain Nest
Nestled in the foothills of Malibu Canyon on two acres of tree covered land, this Monte Nido eating disorder treatment location lives up to its name, “Mountain Nest”. This is Monte Nido’s original location, opening its doors in 1996. Monte Nido is located in a secluded home in Calabasas, just outside of Malibu, and is intimately equipped for six female adult clients with its own gym, private bath and deck in each bedroom overlooking a giant oak tree. Clients can step down to one our Monte Nido day treatment programs across the country, including two nearby in Brentwood or Newport Beach.
Monte Nido Mountain Nest is Joint Commission Accredited.
Monte Nido brings decades of experience to residential eating disorder treatment, including but not limited to anorexia treatment, bulimia treatment, and binge eating disorder treatment. Our evidence-based approach centers around restoring clients’ physiological and nutritional balance, engagingin healthy eating and exercise routines, removing destructive behaviors, and the development of engagement in treatment and the motivation to do so.
Our objective is to help each client achieve a clear understanding of the effects their eating disorder has on their life, in addition to a personal understanding of what recovery means for their emotions and their life.
We help our clients with the following:
- Practice suitable expressions of feelings and emotions
- Avoiding the use of numbers as measure and self-worth while establishing a way to maintain healthy body weight
- Improve body image by learning to accept one’s natural body size and shape
- Learn and utilize lifelong recovery skills, such as journaling and self-monitoring
- Work towards identifying and eventually eliminating eating disorder and exercise disorder symptoms and behaviors
- Heal clients’ relationships with food and movement through therapy and evidence-based level systems
- Attain balance medically, emotionally, and physiologically
- Cultivate insight into the disordered thinking, attitudes, and behaviors that come with eating disorders; understand the root causes and contributing factors that led to disordered behavior; and the destructive nature in regard to self-care and relationships that come with eating disorders
- Develop an understanding of how eating disorders relate to emotions
- Modifying behaviors and thoughts that complicate recovery with family and support-system therapy
- Develop an effective aftercare plan that includes strategies for relapse prevention and arrangements that ensure a smooth transition to aftercare providers
GET THE HELP YOU DESERVE
A representative will contact you soon.
A Letter from Monte Nido Mountain Nest's Clinical Director
Living with an eating disorder can be a lonely and isolating existence; though the idea of changing can feel daunting and overwhelming. At Monte Nido, we know these feelings and understand this conflict. We know how small life can become and how complicated it can feel to approach the recovery process. Having time and space to talk about the feelings that come along with an eating disorder and the recovery process is an important part of the journey. The staff at Monte Nido believe recovery happens when you are able to transition from your eating disordered behaviors to the relationships with staff and peers, and ultimately, to the relationships in your life. Throughout the recovery process, building deep, meaningful and soul guided relationships can lead to a fully recovered life, one that you may have believed was unattainable. Watching individuals transform their lives from the emptiness of an eating disorder to the fullness of life is what makes this work so rewarding and fulfilling.
MA, LMFT | Clinical Director
At Monte Nido & Affiliates, our goal is to help make treatment accessible and we are committed to working with families to access care. Monte Nido is in-network with Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Beach Health Options (formerly Value Options), Cigna, MHN, Magellan (MHSA), UBH, United, Oxford, Optum, Providence, and Pacificare. Please see our Financial Considerations page for more information.
We are pleased to offer weekly alumni groups at each of our programs, including our Multi-Family Group at Monte Nido Mountain Nest every Saturday from 1:30 – 3:00 pm. Alumni, clients, families and loved ones are welcome to attend. For more information, please contact the program from which you graduated or email email@example.com to find the closest available group.
Treatment Center Staff | Los Angeles, CA
I have never experienced such unconditional love, support and more than that hope, a home that is so full of love and care, and nothing but safety.