Binge Eating Disorder Treatment in Eugene, Oregon
If you would like one of our counselors to contact you, please submit the form below.
Please select a valid form
All communication is confidential & secure.
Binge eating disorder is a serious mental health condition that affects people of all ages, sexes, genders, races and cultural backgrounds. In fact, it is the most common eating disorder in the United States – with 8 percent of American adults developing the disorder in their lifetime. Characterized by recurring episodes of binge eating large amounts of food within a short period of time, binge eating disorder often leaves individuals dealing with feelings of low self-esteem. However, binge eating disorder is unlike other common eating disorders, because those with the condition do not engage in any compensatory behaviors.
Are you interested in finding the best day treatment binge eating recovery center in Eugene? At Monte Nido, we provide our clients with the highest level of psychiatric and medical care outside of a hospital setting. Our binge eating disorder treatment program is designed to help clients discover the tools they need to make a successful recovery, in a relaxing and home-like setting.
Navigating a Binge Eating Disorder Diagnosis in Eugene
Before you begin the search for “binge eating disorder treatment near me,” it’s important to learn more about possible binge eating disorder side effects and how the condition can affect loved ones as well. With the help of early intervention, successful binge eating disorder recovery is possible.
Common Signs and Symptoms
- Individuals with this type of eating disorder engage in recurring episodes of binge eating and often feel a lack of control when doing so. They may eat when they aren’t physically hungry, hide or hoard food or skip out on social engagements in an effort to hide their behavior.
- It is also common for those with binge eating disorder to experience great fluctuations in their overall weight and body shape. This can result in a negative body image and some cases may lead to harmful fad dieting.
- The development of food rituals is also common, for example, cutting out entire food groups, only eating foods in a certain order and never allowing their food to touch. This can result in feelings of embarrassment and cause them to withdraw from social situations or eating around others.
Serious Long-Term Health Risks of Binge Eating Disorder
- Because people with binge eating disorder may eat such large amounts of food without engaging in (dangerous) compensatory behaviors, they are at risk of becoming overweight or obese.
- People with binge eating disorder often favor foods that are high in sugars and fats instead of foods that are high in fiber and protein. Over time, this cycle can not only result in obesity but it can increase the chances of developing serious health conditions like type 2 diabetes.
- This sympomology also raises an individual’s chances of other long-term health complications like heart disease, cancer, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and arthritis.
The Good News – Binge Eating Disorder Therapy in Eugene
Eugene is a welcoming and tranquil town nestled towards the southern end of the Willamette Valley in Oregon. Located just 50 miles from the Oregon coast, this is a great destination for anyone who loves to explore the great outdoors. We love Eugene because it offers our eating disorder treatment clients a place to relax and discover the tools they need to begin binge eating therapy.