Client accommodations are offered nearby many of Monte Nido’s day treatment programs. These accommodations provide opportunities to practice supported independent living within a recovery community that offers additional support and structure. Clients participate in Monte Nido’s day treatment program during the day, returning to the residence in the evening.
Like Monte Nido’s residential centers, Monte Nido’s day treatment programs offer an innovative approach, where adolescent and adult clients can focus on recovery and regain a healthy relationship with food and their bodies.
Through partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programming, clients participate in groups and individual therapy, benefit from Monte Nido’s clinical, medical, psychiatric and nutritional expertise and experience real life challenges. Day treatment programming is available to graduates of a residential program or those in outpatient therapy that need a higher level of support.
Program offerings include:
- Specialized approaches that allow for developmentally sensitive exposure to skill building and thought, feeling and behavior management relevant to recovery from an eating disorder
- Medical and psychiatric assessment and monitoring with a high number of individual therapy, nutrition and psychiatric sessions
- Evidence-based and state-of-the-art protocols including challenges and assignments that address both eating disorder and co-occurring factors
- Group therapy that establishes and solidifies other components of treatment
- Family programming including individual family sessions, family education and multi-family groups
- Specialized integrated treatment of co-occurring disorders that focuses on stabilizing eating disorder and substance abuse symptoms, reducing urges, enhancing motivation and developing alternative coping capacities
- A level system that encourages accountability, self-awareness and capacity for tolerating distress
- Experienced and dedicated staff that includes recovered professionals
Adolescent Day Treatment Programming
Monte Nido is sensitive to the developmental needs of adolescents, and our highly trained and supportive staff takes a holistic approach to helping them become fully recovered. We understand the complexity of eating disorders, and offer unique programming to treat adolescents, whether they are stepping down from a residential treatment center or seeking a partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient level of care while living at home. Using the same philosophy, protocols, and approaches offered at other Monte Nido programs, our adolescent day treatment programming is geared toward adolescent clinical and developmental issues, diligently maintaining a positive and healthy environment. Program offerings include psychotherapy groups and therapeutic content that appropriately reflect the specific developmental and social needs of adolescents, family programming, academic support, psychiatric management and more. When ready, adolescents can step down from partial hospitalization to Monte Nido’s intensive outpatient programming (IOP), which offers continued clinical support and containment while allowing for full school engagement. For more details on adolescent programming and the locations these programs are offered, please visit our Adolescent Programming page.