Using the same philosophy and protocols as other Monte Nido programs, Monte Nido’s Eating Disorder Center of Westchester is a day treatment and intensive outpatient program, conveniently located in Central White Plains, with plans to open in the fall of 2017. Our day treatment program will offer partial hospitalization programs six to eight hours a day and intensive outpatient programs three to four hours a day to adults and adolescents. Programming for adults will include the following components.
- Evidence-based and state-of-the-art protocols including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Psychodynamic and Interpersonal Therapy
- High frequency of individual sessions
- Group therapy that solidifies and establishes other components of treatment
- Unique level system that provides a structure for clients to take on increasingly higher levels of responsibility for their treatment and recovery and helps teach them how to build and sustain full recovery
- Family therapy including individual family sessions and multi-family groups
- Specialized, integrated treatment of co-occurring disorders that focuses on stabilizing eating disorder and substance abuse symptoms, reducing urges, enhancing motivation and developing alternative coping capacities
- Challenges and assignments address both eating disorder and substance abuse factors building personal accountability, distress tolerance, emotional regulation and interpersonal effectiveness
At Monte Nido, we are sensitive to the developmental needs of the adolescent population and our experienced multidisciplinary team takes a holistic approach to get teens on the path to full recovery. Whether stepping down from a residential treatment center for adolescents or simply needing partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient programming while living at home, we understand the complexity of eating disorders and offer programming to treat them. We take a blended approach of adolescent-only programming and providing a milieu of mixed ages. This allows for increased exposure to skill building and thought, feeling and behavior management that is relevant to all clients, while providing specialized, age-appropriate components that meets adolescents unique needs. Our adolescent programming at Monte Nido provides focus and timeframes geared toward adolescent attention spans and issues, diligently maintaining a positive and healthy environment with more sensitive topics addressed in individual sessions. Partial hospitalization program components include:
- Clinical program content and groups that appropriately reflect specific developmental and social needs of the adolescent population: Relationship groups | Adapted skills groups | Individual sessions weekly | Psychiatric management
- Weekly sessions with the nutritionist | Nutrition exposures coordinated with outpatient team | Supported meals
- Family programming recognizing the importance of families in the recovery process with weekly family programming as appropriate and available: Family and relationship group | Parent education series | Weekly family sessions | Extensive psycho-education to help gain understanding and tools to support recovery | Weekly phone calls on progress in program
- Academic and school education is supported by the day treatment program structure with adolescents attending school in the morning and day treatment in the afternoon. The clinical team works closely with teens on educational schedules and demands. Individualized Education Program’s (IEP) are created and followed; parents can feel confident academic needs are being met while their child is working toward recovery from their eating disorder.