Using the same philosophy and protocols as other Monte Nido programs, Monte Nido’s Eating Disorder Center of Portland is a day treatment and intensive outpatient program located in John’s Landing area of Portland. Monte Nido’s Eating Disorder Center of Portland is available for male and female adolescents and adults who are transitioning from residential care needing a higher level of treatment than outpatient or for those who need a little more structure, as well as group support, than weekly therapeutic sessions. Monte Nido’s Eating Disorder Center of Portland places high priority on individual care including treatment planning and individual therapeutic sessions for anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating and exercise addiction. The program specializes in treating the co-occurring issues often surrounding an eating disorder such as substance abuse, depression, isolation, obsessive-compulsive disorders and anxiety.
Client Accommodations are offered to clients in Monte Nido’s day treatment program.
- Partial hospitalization program up to seven days a week / six to eight hours a day
- Intensive Outpatient Program available three to five days a week / three to four hours a day; many programs with evening intensive outpatient program hours
- Evidence based and state-of-the-art protocols including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Psychodynamic and Interpersonal Therapy
- High frequency of individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy that solidifies and establishes other components of treatment
- Unique level system that provides a structure for clients to take on increasingly higher levels of responsibility for their treatment and recovery and helps teach them how to build and sustain full recovery
- Family therapy including individual family sessions and multi-family groups
- Experienced and dedicated staff that includes recovered professionals
- Specialized integrated treatment of co-occurring disorders that focuses on stabilizing eating disorder and substance abuse symptoms, reducing urges, enhancing motivation and developing alternative coping capacities
- Challenges and assignments address both eating disorder and substance abuse factors building personal accountability, distress tolerance, emotional regulation and interpersonal effectiveness
Adolescent Day Treatment Program at Monte Nido Portland
At Monte Nido & Affiliates, we are sensitive to the developmental needs of the adolescent population, and our experienced multidisciplinary team takes a holistic approach to get teens on the path to full recovery. Whether stepping down from Monte Nido & Affiliates Clementine Program for adolescents in Portland, another residential treatment center or simply needing partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient programming while living at home in the Portland area, we understand the complexity of the eating disorder and offer the programming to treat them. Using the same philosophy and protocols, and inclusive of components offered at other Monte Nido programs, our adolescent track at Monte Nido Portland’s partial hospitalization program provides the following:
- Clinical program content appropriately adjusted to reflect the specific developmental and social needs of the adolescent population
- Group topics and times geared toward adolescent attention spans and issues, diligently maintaining a positive and healthy milieu, with more sensitive topics addressed in individual sessions
- Family programming recognizing the importance of the family in the recovery process and their involvement in weekly family programming as appropriate and available: Family and relationship group, weekly family sessions and extensive psycho-education to help gain understanding and tools to support recovery
- Academic and school education component at the beginning of each program day that allows adolescents to stay involved in coursework while focusing on treatment. Teachers on staff act as liaisons with each client’s school to ensure IEPs are created and followed and that all specific needs are being met, while providing support and supervision for adolescents. Families can feel confident academic needs are being met while the priority can be healing from the eating disorder
Monte Nido Eating Disorder Center of Portland is Joint Commission Accredited.