Monte Nido’s Eating Disorder Center of Newport Beach serves as a stand-alone facility for clients in need of a partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient level of care for recovery. We also offer step-down options from Monte Nido Residential Treatment Programs or other facilities. The center is located in a beautiful, guarded, modern office structure in the Newport Beach area of California. Since clients spend most of the day inside, a semi-private outside atrium is available where clients can relax during breaks. Local restaurants, except when clients dine out, cater food.
Client Accommodations are available to clients in Monte Nido’s eating disorder day treatment program.
- Partial hospitalization program up to seven days a week / six to eight hours a day
- Intensive Outpatient Program available three to five days a week / three to four hours a day; many programs with evening intensive outpatient program hours
- Evidence based and state-of-the-art protocols including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Psychodynamic and Interpersonal Therapy
- High frequency of individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy that solidifies and establishes other components of treatment
- Unique level system that provides a structure for clients to take on increasingly higher levels of responsibility for their treatment and recovery and helps teach them how to build and sustain full recovery
- Family therapy including individual family sessions and multi-family groups
- Experienced and dedicated staff that includes recovered professionals
- Specialized integrated treatment of co-occurring disorders that focuses on stabilizing eating disorder and substance abuse symptoms, reducing urges, enhancing motivation and developing alternative coping capacities
- Challenges and assignments address both eating disorder and substance abuse factors building personal accountability, distress tolerance, emotional regulation and interpersonal effectiveness
At Monte Nido & Affiliates, our goal is to help make treatment accessible and we are committed to working with families to access care. Monte Nido’s Eating Disorder Center of Newport Beach is in network with Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Beacon Health Options (formerly Value Options), Cigna, MHN, Magellan (MHSA), UBH, United, Oxford, Optum, Providence and Pacificare. Please see our Financial Considerations page for more information.
Monte Nido Eating Disorder Center of Newport Beach is Joint Commission Accredited.