Using the same philosophy and protocols of Monte Nido & Affiliates, Monte Nido Manhattan is a day treatment and step down intensive outpatient program located on the upper west side of New York City. Monte Nido Manhattan is available for male and female adolescents and adults who are transitioning from residential care needing a higher level of treatment than outpatient or for those who need a little more structure, as well as group support, than weekly therapeutic sessions. Monte Nido Manhattan places high priority on individual care including treatment planning and individual therapeutic sessions for anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating and exercise addiction. The program specializes in treating the co-occurring issues often surrounding an eating disorder such as substance abuse, depression, isolation, obsessive-compulsive disorders and anxiety.
Client Accommodations are offered to clients in Monte Nido’s day treatment program.
- Partial hospitalization program up to seven days a week / six to eight hours a day
- Intensive Outpatient Program available three to five days a week / three to four hours a day; many programs with evening intensive outpatient program hours
- Evidence based and state-of-the-art protocols including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Psychodynamic and Interpersonal Therapy
- High frequency of individual therapy sessions
- Group therapy that solidifies and establishes other components of treatment
- Unique level system that provides a structure for clients to take on increasingly higher levels of responsibility for their treatment and recovery and helps teach them how to build and sustain full recovery
- Family therapy including individual family sessions and multi-family groups
- Experienced and dedicated staff that includes recovered professionals
- Specialized integrated treatment of co-occurring disorders that focuses on stabilizing eating disorder and substance abuse symptoms, reducing urges, enhancing motivation and developing alternative coping capacities
- Challenges and assignments address both eating disorder and substance abuse factors building personal accountability, distress tolerance, emotional regulation and interpersonal effectiveness
At Monte Nido & Affiliates, our goal is to help make treatment accessible and we are committed to working with families to access care. Monte Nido Manhattan is in network with Aetna, Beacon Heath Options, Consolidated Health Plans aka CHP and AGE WELL (NYC Medicad). Please see our Financial Considerations page for more information.
If you are a client from New York State that may need financial assistance for eating disorder treatment, Monte Nido offers opportunities to receive care at discounted or no cost provided eligibility requirements are provided and verified, and there is availability. Please contact Vice President of Admissions Melissa Spann at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Monte Nido Manhattan is Joint Commission Accredited.