Using the same philosophy and protocols of Monte Nido & Affiliates, Monte Nido Manhattan is a day treatment and step down intensive outpatient program located on the upper west side of New York City. Monte Nido Manhattan is available for male and female adolescents and adults who are transitioning from residential care needing a higher level of treatment than outpatient or for those who need a little more structure, as well as group support, than weekly therapeutic sessions. Monte Nido Manhattan places high priority on individual care including treatment planning and individual therapeutic sessions for anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating and exercise addiction. The program specializes in treating the co-occurring issues often surrounding an eating disorder such as substance abuse, depression, isolation, obsessive-compulsive disorders and anxiety.
Client Accommodations are offered to clients in Monte Nido’s day treatment program.
- Partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programming available to graduates of a residential program or those in outpatient therapy that need a higher level of support for their eating disorder
- Specialized approaches to not just adult females, but for adolescents and males allowing for developmentally sensitive exposure to the skill building and thought, feeling and behavior management relevant to all clients
- Medical and psychiatric assessment and monitoring with a high number of individual therapy, nutrition and psychiatric sessions
- Evidence-based and state-of-the-art protocols including challenges and assignments that address both eating disorder and co-occurring factors
- Group therapy that establishes and solidifies other components of treatment
- Family programming including individual family sessions, family education and multi-family groups
- Specialized integrated treatment of co-occurring disorders that focuses on stabilizing eating disorder and substance abuse symptoms, reducing urges, enhancing motivation and developing alternative coping capacities
- A level system that encourages accountability, self-awareness and capacity for tolerating distress
- Experienced and dedicated staff that includes recovered professionals
Adolescent Day Treatment Programming
Monte Nido is sensitive to the developmental needs of adolescents, and our highly trained and supportive staff takes a holistic approach to helping them become fully recovered. We understand the complexity of eating disorders, and offer unique programming to treat adolescents, whether they are stepping down from a residential treatment center or seeking a partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient level of care while living at home. Using the same philosophy, protocols, and approaches offered at other Monte Nido programs, our adolescent day treatment programming is geared toward adolescent clinical and developmental issues, diligently maintaining a positive and healthy environment. Program offerings include Psychotherapy groups and therapeutic content that appropriately reflect the specific developmental and social needs of adolescents, Family programming, Academic support, Psychiatric management and more. When ready, adolescents can step down from partial hospitalization to Monte Nido’s intensive outpatient programming (IOP), which offers continued clinical support and containment while allowing for full school engagement. For more details on adolescent programming and what day treatment programs we offer it at, please go to our Adolescent Programming page.
Advantages of Treating Adolescents and Adults in the Same Milieu
Adults, by virtue of maturation, may often have developed a greater perspective for what the eating disorder has cost them in terms of their physical and relational wellbeing. Even young adults have a greater capacity to look forward and begin to wrestle with the implications of moving through their lives without fully resolving their eating disorder. Combining adolescents and adults in day treatment programs helps bridge this motivational divide. Click here to continue to learn about the advantages of treating adolescents and adults in the same milieu.