Nestled in the foothills of Malibu Canyon on two acres of pine, oak, sycamore and fruit trees, the Monte Nido eating disorder treatment program lives up to its name, “Mountain Nest”. Monte Nido is our original location, opening its doors in 1996, and was the first licensed eating disorder treatment program providing care in a home-like setting. Surrounded by a state park with hiking trails leading to the beach, Monte Nido is located in a secluded home in Calabasas, right outside of Malibu. It is equipped for six clients, with its own gym, private bath and deck in each bedroom overlooking a giant oak.
Monte Nido Mountain Nest is Joint Commission Accredited.
- Psychiatric and medical management and treatment
- Evidence based and state-of-the-art protocols backed by a high success rate demonstrated in our outcome study
- Programming for adults and adolescents, integrated and age specific
- Experienced and dedicated staff that includes recovered professionals
- High amount of individual therapeutic sessions
- Group therapy that solidifies and establishes other components of treatment
- Family therapy including individual family sessions, weekly multi-family groups and once a month two-day family weekend
- Unique level system that meets the client where she is and re-evaluates the client as she progresses through the program at her own pace
- A natural environment conducive to healing
At Monte Nido & Affiliates, our goal is to help make treatment accessible and we are committed to working with families to access care. Monte Nido is in network with Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross, Beach Health Options (formerly Value Options), Cigna, MHN, Magellan (MHSA), UBH, United, Oxford, Optum, Providence and Pacificare. Please see our Financial Considerations page for more information.
Monte Nido Groups
We are pleased to offer a Multi Family Group every Saturday from 1:30 – 3:00pm, alumni, families and loved ones welcome to attend.
We are pleased to offer weekly alumni groups at each of our programs. For more information, please contact the program from which you graduated or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find the closest available group.