Carolyn Costin, Spring, 2006
Carolyn Costin’s The Eating Disorder Sourcebook is for patients, professionals, and families who suspect or know that an eating disorder is affecting their lives. This is a guide for recovery and what to expect for professionals, patients and families including excerpts from patient’s journals and transcribed therapy sessions.
The Eating Disorder Sourcebook includes:
- A chapter each on the current understanding of the sociocultural, psychological and biochemical causes of anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder.
- Special topic chapters on exercise addiction, medication, and medical management.
- A chapter on varying populations such as males and younger and older cases.
- The delineation of assessment and therapeutic techniques with how to and what to expect chapters on individual, group and family therapy.
- How to get the right help and how to choose a therapist
- Explanations of the variety of treatment options available: outpatient, inpatient, residential a review of The Monte Nido treatment program.
Spanish Version: Carolyn Costin’s book The Eating Disorder Sourcebook has been translated into Spanish and is published by Editorial Diana in Mexico under the title “Anorexia, bulimia y otros trastornos de la alimentacion’, ISBN 968-13-3504-X. At present, the place most likely to have it in stock is Nana’s Book Warehouse in Calexico, CA. To order call 760- 357-6307 or email email@example.com. The cost is US $12.00 per copy, plus shipping.
* Copy of book for review available upon request