Eating Disorder Treatment Center of Portland
Using the same philosophy and protocols of Monte Nido & Affiliates, Eating Disorder Center of Portland is a day treatment and intensive outpatient program located in John’s Landing area of Portland. EDCP is available for male and female adolescents and adults who are transitioning from residential care needing a higher level of treatment than outpatient or for those who need a little more structure, as well as group support, than weekly therapeutic sessions.
EDCP places high priority on individual care including treatment planning and individual therapeutic sessions for anorexia, bulimia, binge eating and exercise addiction. Under the guidance of Carolyn Costin, having treated in eating disorders for over 30-years, an advocate and author, the program specializes in treating the co-occurring issues often surrounding an eating disorder such as alcohol and drug addiction, depression, isolation, obsessive-compulsive disorders and anxiety.
Read more about anorexia treatment, bulimia treatment, binge eating disorder treatment, and exercise addiction treatment.
- Partial hospitalization program 7 days a week/ 6 hours a day
- IOP step down options available 3-5 days a week/ 3 – 4 hours a day
- Evidence based and state-of-the-art protocols
- Experienced and dedicated staff that includes recovered professionals
- Joint Commission Accredited
- A natural environment proven to be conducive to healing
- Higher amount of individual therapeutic sessions
- Group therapy that solidifies and establishes other components of treatment
- Family therapy including individual family sessions and multi-family groups
- Unique level system that meets the client where the client and is re-evaluated as client progresses through the program at her own pace
A Letter from EDCP's Clinical Director:
I am thrilled to be the Clinical Director of Monte Nido’s new Eating Disorder Center of Portland (EDCP)- a day treatment program located in the John’s Landing area of Portland – right on the Willamette River. Operating under the philosophy and protocols of Monte Nido & Affiliates, the EDCP will provide a welcome new treatment option in the Portland metro area for adult and adolescent women and men who suffer from Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa or Eating Disorder NOS.
As an intensively-trained Dialectical Behavior Therapy therapist, and former manager of the eating disorder program at Portland DBT, I bring my expertise to help clients (who need more than outpatient counseling) move away from destructive behaviors and constant food/body preoccupation toward lives that feel meaningful and rich. Treatment is offered 7 days a week and includes group therapy, individual therapy, nutrition counseling, meal planning and supervision, yoga and healthy movement, and more. uffer from Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa or Eating Disorder NOS.
With best wishes,
Clinical Director, Eating Disorder Center of Portland